One of WILS Five Core Services
WILS Disability Information and Referral specialists are often a consumer’s first point of contact with WILS. Through a network of disability resources our Information and Referral services offers individuals information on disability issues, referring consumers to the appropriate people at WILS or other agencies, for assistance with concerns an individual may have, or a wide range of disability-related topics.
WILS Disability Information and Referral assistance include, but are not limited to:
- Learning about options you may have for personal care and in-home support as you plan to leave a nursing home or hospital
- Finding affordable and accessible housing
- Learning about how you can acquire assistive technology and communication equipment
- Planning your child’s education plan, particularly as he or she nears high school graduation
- Obtaining and directing Personal Care Attendant (PCA) services
- Finding out about accessible transportation services
- Obtaining and maximizing benefits
- Setting career goals in a current or future job or finding employment
- Addressing communication needs due to a language or communication barrier
- Understanding your civil rights under the Americans with Disabilities Act or Fair Housing laws
- Helping people understand your disability and ways to accommodate disabilities
- Appealing a decision from a housing, educational or medical provider or an employer
Let WILS assist you in making a connection to valuable community disability resources and allow us to support you in your independence and full integration into society.
For WILS Disability Information & Referral Services, please call 1-800-236-5175 or send an email to email@example.com.
Links to Disability Resources in Missouri
- Benton County MO Resources
- Johnson County MO Resources
- Pettis County MO Resources
- Saline County MO Resources
- Henry County MO Resources
- Lafayette County MO Resources