WILS Youth Transition program helps to open the door and provide the necessary independent living skills and real life experience to youth as well as recent graduates, who face physical access barriers, to help them enter the post high school world successfully and prepare them for life on their own.
From honing skills needed to run a household to learning how to manage time while taking college courses or entering the workforce.
Youth Transition Services Offered
- Independent Living Skills Workshops
- Peer support and advocacy
- Job Readiness Training/Organizing your day
- Job Skills/Shadowing/Mock Interviews
- Transportation (public and private)
- Finding accessible housing
- College visits
- Community outings
- Financial management skills
- Self-advocacy/ social skills
- Managing benefits and working
- Accessing community resources are also focuses.
Peer groups meet periodically so participants in the program can compare notes and talk through problems they encounter
We encourage all who are interested or have questions to please contact WILS Youth Transition Coordinator at 1-800-236-5175 or email firstname.lastname@example.org