Document Locator FAQ
This FAQ will walk you through the steps of how to save a copy of the signed individual services record (previously known in CIL Manager as a narrative) From CILs First to your S Drive and transfer it to Document Locator using Document Profiler.
- Search for a consumer by last name.
- Open their record
- To add a consumer or staff signature, click the Add Signature button.
- If document requires consumer’s signature, type the consumer’s name in the Title field. Ask them to use the mouse, stylus or finger to sign on the line. Click Save Signature to complete the process.
- If the document requires staff signature, click the Add Signature button. Type your name and title in the Title field. Click Save Signature to complete the process.
- All signatures are time and date stamped.
- Click the Print button to view a printable version of the data.
- Click on the Tools menu (the gear icon in Internet Explorer). Click Print on the first and Print again on the following menu.
- Select PDF Creator as the printer.
- Click the Print button
- Change the Filename field to reflect the document type in Document Locator. Be sure add the current date & time to avoid errors. An example would be narrative0927181139.
- Copy this and paste it in the Title field.
- Confirm that the Folder field is S:\
- Click the Save button.
- Minimize CILs First and open Document Profiler.
- Confirm that the Select Source Folder field is S:\
- For the Select Destination Folder field, click the button with 3 dots and navigate to the Narratives Pending folder.
- Click the Save button
Here is a link to the companion video tutorial: https://youtu.be/4zkDkWCgzxw
Due to feedback from the CDS specialists that the Intake Spreadsheet and Weekly Telephony Training Schedule seem to be in use by one another, they have been moved to DL. The new location is: Document Locator\WILS\Documents\WILS Forms
The Intake Spreadsheet & Weekly Telephony Training Schedule are no longer available on the F: drive! However, they have been moved to a location only accessible by IT for archival purposes.
How does this change affect how you currently use the Intake Spreadsheet & Weekly Telephony Training Schedule? You will need to use the following instructions to check out the document from DL.
- Right-click on the document and select Check Out… You will need to do this every time you want to update the Intake Spreadsheet. Otherwise, DL will prompt you to save a copy on your computer.
- The dialog box below will appear. Check Hide this dialog in the future and click OK. This dialog box will no longer appear when checking out the spreadsheet.
- The following dialog box will appear. Click Yes to confirm hiding the dialog and the spreadsheet will open in Excel. Update the spreadsheet as you normally would and close it.
- After closing the document, the dialog box below will appear. Click OK to check the document back in.
*Note – Only one person can have the document checked out at any given time. The document will have a checkmark beside it when someone else has it checked out. The icon should look like this:
Should you prefer a video of these instructions, please click here for a YouTube video: https://youtu.be/UEmJlK05LWo