What is Missouri CLAIM?
Missouri CLAIM is a State Health Insurance Assistance Program (SHIP) that is part of a nationwide program. Missouri’s SHIP, called CLAIM-Community Leaders Assisting the Insured of Missouri- has trained counselors, like those at WILS that provide free, unbiased advocacy, education and assistance for people with Medicare and those who help them to make informed decisions about Medicare and related health insurance needs.
CLAIM offers free, unbiased information & assistance through education to groups of Medicare consumers, caregivers, and professionals. They assist Missourians with concerns relating to Medigap policies, long-term care, Medicare prescription drug programs, Medicare Advantage Plans, and many others.
What can Missouri CLAIM do for me?
The purpose of the CLAIM program is to help Missourians make informed choices about their Medicare or Medicaid coverage options. CLAIM counseling empowers you to exercise your rights and be proactive in health care decisions. Best of all, it often helps you save money because you can make the best decisions based on your personal health care needs. CLAIM counselors can offer counsel on questions like:
- How much will my prescriptions cost?
- Are my prescriptions covered under my D plan?
- When can I change my Medicare coverage plan?
- What does it mean for me now that I have Medicare and Medicaid?
- How can I get a replacement Medicare card?
Who takes advantage of Missouri CLAIM’s services?
- The 70 –year old widow
- Adult children taking care of their mom and dad
- The 64-year-old retiring in 3 months
- Someone who just lost their benefits
- Someone with a general question regarding benefits
- People just like you!
How can I take advantage of Missouri CLAIM with WILS?
What do I need to bring to my CLAIM appointment?
You will get the most benefit out of your time with WILS certified CLAIM counselor if you can bring:
- Your Medicare and/or Medicaid number
- Proof of Income such as income tax returns or a benefits letter if you need assistance to apply for insurance coverage
- A list of your current prescription medications