WILS is always looking for volunteers who are excited to help others. Whether you choose to volunteer once a year at one of our amazing events or if you choose to help us regularly throughout the year, by volunteering at WILS you will be helping people with disabilities in so many different ways. We have volunteer opportunities to meet a variety of skills, schedules, abilities and experiences. Area students, fraternities, sororities, church groups, businesses, and pretty much anyone else interested in helping others are welcome to volunteer.
Some of the activities and projects at WILS where volunteers are needed on a regular basis throughout the year are listed below. Some of these are quarterly, monthly and weekly projects, though schedules are usually adjustable to meet different needs.
- Ramp Volunteer – assist with ADA ramp build projects.
- Consumer Yard & House Maintenance Worker – respond to consumer needs for light house and yard work that they are unable to perform due to their disability.
- Event Worker – provide various types of clerical, physical and social support during WILS events.
- Social Assistant – provide support during WILS social events.
- Youth Group Assistant – assist with youth camp and special activities.
Join the WILS Board of Directors
West-Central Independent Living Solutions is actively seeking passionate and diverse board members to guide the organization, influence policy, build community networks, act as agents of change, and serve as ambassadors.
To learn more about serving with us, read Board Recruitment. Interested candidates will be interviewed by our recruiting team.
Want to make a difference?