WILS Friend Assisted Rides (FAR)
Through WILS FAR transportation program, you are able to lessen the anxiety of appointments by riding with a friend, neighbor, or family member. WILS will reimburse you to pay mileage for the fuel costs of the driver of your choice.
Here’s how it works:
- Call WILS Transportation department at 855-WILSWAY (855-945-7929) to see if you qualify and to receive a FAR informational packet.
- Once qualified, you need to schedule your trip with WILS Transportation Department at least 4 days in advance of your scheduled appointment. At that time, you will receive a trip number. This trip number is required on the reimbursement form. Write down the trip number and date of your trip on the reimbursement form as soon as you get it from the Transportation Department. If your form is incomplete, you will not receive payment for your trip. The distance will be calculated as the number of miles from your home to your medical appointment using Google maps.
- You must fill out the entire form except for the space for “Physician/Clinician Signature”.
- Take the form with you to your medical appointment and have your doctor or counselor sign.
- You can include up to ten trips on one form.
- Once your form is complete drop it off at any WILS office or mail it to:
attn: Buddy Drives
612 N. Ridgeview Drive
Warrensburg, Missouri 64093
WILS Accesible Transportation Eligibility
- Individual must reside in WILS’ Service Area of Benton, Lafayette, Henry, Johnson, Saline and Pettis Counties in Missouri.
- Individual must have a disability.
- Must meet income guidelines for reduced co-payment.
WILS Transportation Service is funded from Vocational Rehabilitation Services, Missouri Department of Transportation Elderly and Handicapped Transportation Assistance Program, corporate and individual donations and WILS fund raising efforts.
Your donation is tax deductible!