The heart and soul of Independent Living is being in control of your own life. WILS functions as an independent living skills resource center to help you gain that control by providing independent living skills training and combining it with daily living skills.
WILS empowers individuals with disabilities and provides techniques so they can participate fully in daily living, recreational and/or social opportunities, and vocational or volunteering activities. Through the creation of consumer goals, WILS assists motivated individuals to gain greater overall independence.
Independent Living Skills Training
- Develop and managing a personal budget
- Promote advocacy
- Teach homemaking skills
- Utilize community services
- Obtain assistive technology and durable medical equipment
- Hire and maintain a Personal Care Assistant (PCA) with Consumer Directed Services
- Youth Transitions
WILS envisions a society where all individuals can participate fully and we understand that a person with a disability who learns to navigate through daily activities is free to pursue all the possibilities of life.
IL Skills Training Benefits
- 100% of the individuals receiving Independent Living and Life Skills Training with WILS were satisfied with the assistance and gained knowledge from the services received
- 94.1% indicated the service made a positive change in their life.
- “It gave me insight on living on my own with my disability.”
- “In every way it has helped me.”
- ‘It has made life better.”
- “I am able to budget for the item I am wanting to buy.’
- “I learned about budgeting for things I want.”
- “It gives helpful skills for daily living.’
- “Helped me to remain living on my own.”
- “I don’t worry about things and have less stress.”
If you’re interested in IL Skills Training, email Samantha at firstname.lastname@example.org to talk about how WILS can maximize your independence and help you reach your daily living goals!